What is Spiritual Direction? Spiritual direction is “help given by one Christian to another which enables that person to pay attention to God’s personal communication to him or her, to respond to this personally communicating God, to grow in intimacy with this God, and to live out the consequences of that relationship.” -William A. Barry and William J. Connolly, “The Practice of Spiritual Direction.” Spiritual Direction is not…
- Pastoral care
- A substitute for participation in the life of a community of faith
- If you find yourself wanting a deeper relationship with God
- If you want to explore new ways to pray or if prayer has become difficult
- If you desire a companion on the spiritual journey
- If you feel the need for someone to help in prayerfully discerning a call of God for you.